Did you study abroad and do you want your degree to be valid in Peru? Featured

Written by

A validated degree or title in Peru qualifies you for practicing your career, being a member in a professional association, working as a professor in a Peruvian university, among other opportunities.

After obtaining your degree abroad, you can make it valid in Peru by one of the following two options:

Recognition by SUNEDU or Revalidation by an authorized Peruvian university.

1. Recognition by SUNEDU

This administrative procedure is carried out when there is a treaty or agreement between Peru and the foreign country that issued the degree. Some of those countries are: Canada, United States, Netherlands, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Sweden, etc.

If there is not a treaty or agreement between Peru and the foreign country that issued the degree, the recognition will be possible if your university is on the following list:

What documents do I have to submit?

-      National ID (for Peruvians). Passport or Alien Card (for foreigners).

-      Original diploma (Degree) which must have the Apostille of The Hague from the country of origin. (If the country of origin of the diploma is not part of the Hague Apostille Convention, the diploma must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from the country of origin, the Consulate of Peru in the country of origin, as well as by the Peruvian Ministry of Foreign Affairs).

Important Note: The Apostille of The Hague or legalization will not be required if Sunedu can verify the authenticity of the diploma in its database of foreign universities. Call SUNEDU in advance (Tel. 5003930).

-      Make the corresponding payment for the paperwork.


If the diploma is not written in Spanish, a Certified Translation made by a Certified Translator from the Colegio de Traductores del Perú (Peruvian Association of Certified Licensed Translators) will be required.

Update (August 2020): Now Sunedu accepts your documents online. More information (in Spanish):


2. Revalidation by an authorized Peruvian university

Find these universities at the following link: